Sunday, September 20, 2009

Explanations

As I was absent from the ship, so too will my narrative be absent.  Though I do enjoy writing this journal, this vacation was a break from all the monotonies  of my shipboard life, daily writing included. In brief I traveled through Paris, Tolouse, Marseille, Aix en Provence, Barcelona, and Dublin. I stayed with old friends and made new friends. I returned to my ship revived in spirit and body, ready to set to sea yet again.

I would like to give a sincere thanks to Menja for putting my up in Tolouse and being my tour guide. To Emily for letting me tag along. To Katie for letting me come visit and giving me an unforgettable stay. Most of all to my parents for their help in making this trip happen, but also for supporting me in my ambitions and decisions in general.

I should also take a moment to divulge a part of my life that has been laying low between the lines of this journal, though quite obvious at times. My second day on board the ship, in Jacksonville, I met a young sailor at a party who quickly drew my attention. We enjoyed each other’s company in Jacksonville, roved together in Bermuda, and narrow missed each other in New York. She came on board my ship in Halifax, was fortuitously assigned to my watch, and we spent 12 hours a day together during the Atlantic crossing. Yet, it was not until Belfast that we professed feelings for once another.

Despite our current careers, I knew Amelia was not a girl I could pass up. We spent time in Belfast together as well as Delfzijl. I met her in Paris and we traveled to Tolouse together wither her friend Emily, separating in Marseille where she headed back to the states to work on another ship.

When I was asked by my friends why I now planned on moving to Annapolis when my time has ended aboard the ship; was it not “a big decision?” I replied that it was a very easy decision. I want to continue dating Amelia and so the next step is to go to Aannapolis. So, there you have it, my semi-personal life at the moment.

No comments:

Post a Comment